Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Feel good video for today



This is a photo of my very uninhibited five year old, turning his breakfast crepe into a mask. Inhibitions are interesting things...they allow us to live in society, but they can also keep us from realizing our full potential if we are not mindful about their existence and just what effect they have on our psyche.

My friend Geri created "The Good News Network", which reports all the great things happening in the world. A video she had posted today, brought tears to my eyes. A man stands on the street with a "Free Hugs" sign as part of his Free Hugs Campaign. It's incredible what one human being can do and how letting go of inhibitions opens up the world in amazing ways.

I wondered if *I* would willingly stand on a street corner giving out hugs to strangers? Would you, could you?

Earlier this year, I watched a video about two men dancing on street corners, moving in whatever way they were inspired. It's interesting to watch the reactions and think about our own inhibitions and how that applies to the rest of our lives. Winter of the Dance is inspirational to me, encouraging me to step beyond the boundaries of what is "acceptable" in our society. You can watch the actual video HERE.

I want to dance more freely, I want to embrace that which moves my spirit regardless of whether someone thinks me "strange", I don't want to blend harmoniously with the whole (though at the spirit level I do....) I want to wear my own colors and be perfectly alright if they don't blend in. In short, I want to LIVE and be bold and be crazy and have no regrets when I take my final bow. I'm glad for the free spirits that remind us to do this each and every day!

Anonymous quote:
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention
of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,
totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming to the universe:
Wow — what a ride!"

3 comments:

the Contrary Goddess said...

"breakfast crepe" -- you ain't from around here, are ya? Laughing. My best friend Laura said she'd been talking to you. I'd been to your unschooling blog but not this one. Laura's quite taken with you.

laura said...

my my my...taken? well am i just blushing or what.

well now anyone who likes "the cure", can't be all bad...says i!!

and you know, i do live in a bubble...

Ren said...

:) I hope you come over this way for a visit sometime laura!