Sunday, November 23, 2008

My heart fills up....











    At the end of the movie "American Beauty", Kevin Spacey has an amazing monologue about
the last second of his life and the post-death feelings he has about the world:

~~I guess I couId be pretty pissed off
about what happened to me,
but it's hard to stay mad when
there's so much beauty in the worId.

Sometimes I feeI like I'm seeing
it all at once and it's too much.

My heart fills up like a balloon
that's about to burst.

And then I remember
to relax...
and stop trying
to hold on to it.

And then it flows
through me like rain,

and I can't feel anything
but gratitude...
for every single moment...
of my stupid little Iife.


You have no idea what
I'm talking about, I'm sure.


But don't worry.



You will someday.~~



I think I know exactly what he's talking about. At least
in certain moments I know. Still learning how to stop
trying to hold onto it. So much beauty....even in the
things we deem undesirable. Beauty everywhere.


2 comments:

laura said...

really there is so much beauty! and that is a wonderfully beautiful movie!! LOVE kevin spacey, he is beautiful too!!!

and all the wonderful pix...as usual!!!

even with all that is going on for us right now, sorting through it all and trying to figure out how to come out on the other side...i am happy and filled with love most all the time. i'm so happy that i have you to keep me smiling...you rowdy rowdy girl!! =)

Heidi Snavley said...

Oh, I so know what he is talking about. And part of what makes me want to burst like a balloon is having you in my life!! Love you!