Saturday, October 28, 2006

Collage and stuff



Here's where the artist thing becomes a bit of a pain. I'm wide awake at 2am, which wouldn't matter except that my sleep schedule is a bit on the unpredictable side at times. It wouldn't matter, except that my children will expect a coherent mother in the morning, as will my out-of-town visitors and my co-workers. sigh.

BUT, because of my inability to sleep I've been mucking about online and found some really great links to share. You know how one thing leads to another? Well, I started with Art Shrines, which led to a fabulous artist in New Zealand named Dale Copeland and a compelling collage exchange she organizes.

Now I'm inspired to create the required 13 collages and mail them over to New Zealand. Causes me to ponder if a similar project would work at Imagination Tribe. Hmmmmmmmmm.......

Either way, collage projects are calling me. Oh, and the miniature shrines and a few IT trades and, oh yeah, there's that fundraiser thing I promised to organize. Ok maybe I can sleep now. Hope my muse knows I need a nap.

**Above image is one of my pages from the Imagination Tribe circle journal 2005**

2 comments:

laura said...

that circle journal is beautiful!

maybe we'll do another one sometime.

hope all is going well with visitors and such, i know it can be stressful. relax and enjoy.

hope you got my recent neurotic email. hope you still like me!!

kelli said...

Dale Copeland, what a wonderful artist Ren, thank you for sharing her. :) i loved what she said about collecting stuff. And then she uses it in all these cool ways, wonderful!

I'm in a bit of a stall right now and its always energizing to see what others have been up to.